Saturday, February 28, 2009

Urgency - Part 2

After thinking more about my most recent blog regarding urgency, I realized that it reflects a very introspective mood which I was in at the time and may send an unintended message. So I write this follow up blog with the hopes of clarifying the more important source of urgency which drives my energy behind the MakeCFHistory.com intiative.

As I have set out all along, this initiative has absolutely nothing to do with me and has everything to do with making a difference in the fight to find a cure for CF. The sense of urgency behind the MakeCFHistory.com initiative is much greater and more significant than my own - it is truly a reflection of the immediate need to find a cure for CF and to make a difference in the lives of those who are living with CF each and every day. And as an uncle of two young nieces with CF, it is my intention to not sit on the bench and assume that someone, somewhere, somehow will get this done before it is too late. And perhaps that is where my sense of self-urgency begins - I want to be in this game now and not later.

The fight to find a cure for CF is undoubtedly a team sport, where we each need to do our part to put points on the board against CF. My goal of raising $1,000,000 for CF research is simply what I want my contribution to be to the bigger picture of finding a cure for CF. And, ultimately, what will matter most is that someday soon we can all look up at the scoreboard and see that our team is the victor against CF. Game over.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment