Friday, December 26, 2008

Susan to the Rescue

Michal Jordan once said:
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

When I settled on the website and the concept of posting roses on the site ad infinitum (as long as donations came in), I ran into my next major hurdle: processing payments for the donations.

Through the use of PayPal, processing donations is easy. But I certainly did not want to handle the money through a personal account (for obvious reasons). Additionally, I knew that I could not make this happen to the extent I wanted all by myself - I needed a partner to help make this HUGE.

So, I reached out to the Central Ohio Chapter of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation for suggestions and support. And that is exactly what I got. Thanks to the good people at the Chapter, they created an on-going campaign (called "Make CF History") and with it comes a donation form that sends all donations directly to the foundation for processing. Bingo!

And with that - MakeCFHistory.com was complete. And now for the fun part...getting the website and the concept out to the masses so we can get on with raising the money that will hopefully allow us to find a cure for Cystic Fibrosis!

Are you in?

No comments:

Post a Comment